Friday, October 8, 2010

A Birthday BOY?YOUNG MAN? MAN?



Hi Everyone~
This post is about that boy above. For this is about celebrating him and his life. And my undying,unrelenting love for him.
16 years ago on October 9, 1994 @ 914 pm my life changed forever. My life actually began. I was only 18 but it was something i had wanted forever. When i was younger and people asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?" My answer was always the same " A MOM". On that day my dream came true. I was blessed to have such a perfect boy brought into my life. The 9 months waiting for him seemed to take forever, but when that day finally came i couldnt wait.
I wanted to find out what i was having but at the ultrasound he had his legs crossed so it was going to be a surprise. I was so excited that day to finally find out. It started out normal you could say. I had went to the dr on my due date and he said everything was great and we would schedule an appt for next week but hopefully i wouldnt make it. Saturday seemed normal nothing out of the ordinary, no contractions so to speak. Pretty much spent the time hanging out with my siblings. I went to bed like normal and was so cozy in my bed. I lived in michigan at the time and it was October and it can get cold there at this time of the year. I remember laying there in my sleep thinking/dreaming i have to go pee, but i dont want to get up its going to be so cold( you know how warm you get when you are cocooned in your blankets). So finally i couldnt hold it anymore and got up and went to the bathroom, i didnt notice anything unusual, so i went back to bed and discovered a GIANT WET SPOT!!! I thought to myself...OMG DID I JUST PEE THE BED without realizing it? So i proceeded to change the lower half of my body and went and knocked on my parents bedroom door, after all it was early between 6-7am on a Sunday. I kept on knocking getting louder with each knock, and somehow didnt wake up the rest of my siblings. Finally my mom answered and was like "WHAT?" I said to her either i peed the bed or something is going on. She said "what do you mean you peed the bed or something is going on?" This from a woman who never had natural childbirth, she had 5 C-sections so she never experienced this. So i told her i was sleeping and knowing i had to go pee, i got up and went but maybe i had an accident. So she follows me into my room ( GROSS ALERT) pulls back the blankets and smells the bed! She says " Its not pee, I think your water broke!" I was like no way mom,im not feeling anything, but i could still feel a trickle, but as most pregnant people know you can sneeze and have problems. So she leaves my room and proceeds to go wake up my step dad and tell him whats going on.She says" you can go back to bed if you want" so i try and lay down but realize im not going to sleep anymore. I get up go down stairs and soon the parental units are there too. My step dad says we should probably call the hospital to find out what we do. My mother calls L&D and they said that usually with the first baby it takes awhile so i had time, but we could come in any time. Finally all the other kids are waking up and coming down, to the news that today is the day that the baby is coming!
All of them were so excited. My stepdad proceeds to make a huge breakfast,for everyone, but i couldnt eat because they told my mom on the phone that i couldnt eat just in case i had to have anesthisa. LAME i was so hungry. He made pancakes, waffles,bacon and sausage. Pure torture !
Finally we start calling everyone and telling them my water broke. The other grandparents, my real dad, my moms best friends, my nanny. I go upstairs and proceed to try and pack what i think i will need since i really have no clue. I try to pack a neutral outfit for the baby since i didnt know what it was going to be or how big even. Finally we head to the hospital, i get checked in and get room and get checked and i was at 3. At first i was able to walk around and saw that the entire family waiting room was filled with everyone waiting to meet my baby. Finally i was back to bed and couldnt walk around anymore because as the contractions got stronger the baby couldnt tolerate it, so they had me be still to see if it helped. We knew it was getting close, my mom and stepdad had stayed in the room with me the entire time. My stepdad was taping it but the dr made him turn it off in case there was any complications. so you see me in labor then you hear him say" we'll be right back". Finally it was time, after being in labor for 14 1/2 hrs it was time to have the baby. I pushed for what seemed like an eternity but really was only 20 min. I remember my mom being absolutely fascinated by all of it since she never experienced it and was put to sleep each time but the last. I remember when his head was coming out i thought holy cow this hurts. Me who thinks she cant handle pain but apparently that isnt true because i had no drugs with any of my kids till M( the only reason with him is because i had contractions right on top of each other , little did we know that i was already dialated to a 10! bad nurses!)My mom was watching and said it has dark hair...then he was out a bit more and his eyes were open and he was looking right at my mom. She was toast, from that minute on this boy held her heart. Finally he was all the way out and they yell ...." ITS A BOY" i was in a haze... i was like what? what is it? mom what is it ? is it ok? she said its a boy a boy a boy! she said hes fine, hes beautiful, wait till you see. They wrapped him up and handed him to her and she brought him to me. I will never forget looking at my mom and the look on her face holding her very first grandchild. I will never forget seeing him for the first time, or him being placed in my arms. He weighed in at 7 lbs 6 ozs and was born 10-9-94 @914pm. and he was 19 1/2 inches long.
I cant believe that he is 16! Time has definitely flown by. i love this boy more than anything. And he was devestated when my mother died. Hes always been the apple of her eye, and when she died he said if he would have taken care of her maybe she would still be here. It was and is still heartbreaking.
So celebrate this boy of mine on his day of birth! HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING! HERES TO MANY MORE BIRTHDAYS ! XOXOX MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment